Wednesday, May 30, 2007

epic.

Epic. Lucky to be alive.

Tuesday May 22. Hold Steady at the Gothic. Completely trashed, finished the night drinking Grand Marnier and red beer. Me and Small Brown spend an hour and a half singing Tom Waits in the truck, waiting for me to sober up so we can drive half a mile to our respective houses.

Wednesday May 23rd. Hungover all day at work, threw up around 2pm. Went straight from work and rented a trailer, picked the boys up for soundcheck at the Bluebird. Show was sold out by the time we went on, Minus the Bear guys were super nice, then we hear later they were pissed that they had two local openers (your package acts dropped off guy, what else did you think was gonna happen?) I eat four Tums on stage. Finish the set and load straight out the door to 3 Kings just in time to catch Only Thunder, who ruled. I continue to get hammered until we play, and at the end of our set am so shitfaced I huck my guitar into the bass drum and start yelling at the crowd "that's how you do it"! Witness two almost fights. Get home wicked late.

Thursday May 24th. Up and at `em early for work again, but surprisingly alert. Play pub trivia with the DZs and Steve, come in second place, losing to two fat nerds (everybody loses to these guys) but beat my 'nemesis' English Dave (no, not that English Dave) in the Dullards. Meet up with Andrew and Yomitron at Scruffy's, enjoy a cameo from Eric Halborg. Get home before 1am, but am up late watching the LOST finale (more on that later).

Friday May 25th. Up early for no reason, bartend to fucking yuppie scum for six hours, then head to the "Rock"mada to meet team Signal for a drink. Some drunk bird shows us her tits a million times and talks about loving the taste of her own...you know...and wants to lick it off someone's beard. Grosscore x5000. Home late, because at the Rock you can order as many cans or bottles as you want at last call and drink them in the hotel courtyard...nice loophole. Plus during the summer if you order just one drink from the bar you can use their pool.

Saturday May 26th. Andrew and Tristan call and we eat Swift's kitchen, then sit on my porch for almost four hours drinking beer. Small Brown, RKelly, and Ethan all make guest appearances. I love the fact that a good friend of mine is a cop patrolling my neighborhood. I feel safe knowing that Big E is out there. We drink until the absolute last minute we can be in Denver before heading up to Boulder for the bro-down. Catacombs tells us that we have an unlimited bar tab and still pay us $75. I get annihilated. Shots and shots. End of the night I fall off the curb into a sitting position; shortly thereafter Andrew Vastola pulls me and I pass out in the back of his car. I wonder when I get home if he saved my life.

Sunday May 27th. Wake up, get picked up by Adam Lancaster and we are off to Steubens. Joe is working...long story short I am completely cross-eyed by 3pm. Go home, nap, head right to OLBA to drink more and play shredding metal. Leave OLBA and head right to IPDTC for a meeting and get home at 1130pm. Pack a bag and drive to Boulder to drink and play Wii with Gibby and Grossman until 3-ish am.

Monday May 28th. Plummer wakes us up at 545am and we go pay 40 bucks to run 6 miles, with one stop for beer along the way. Channel 9 news asks us what our team name is, and we answer FUPA, the Flourescent Uptown Posse of America. So Gibby gets to say FUPA on air. We drink some more after and go to West End, get homeat 2:30 and tap out on the day.

Tuesday May 29th. Up early again, realize my summer term schedule got fucked. Part my fault, part theirs. Go to work, drink Strongbow and watch Miami Ink with Thomas. Start driving home and am resolute NOT TO GO OUT unless someone calls me. Four blocks from my place the phone rings. After a night at Streets with 3/4ths of the Horse I get home at 3-ish.

What did you do last week?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home