Tuesday, September 05, 2006

no sitting still

Well, I'm back again...you miss me? Don't get too attached, next week I am off to Austin. Then you can have me until October. I like all the traveling, but I feel like I have seen all that the continental US has to show me.


Way to blow it Canes. That's okay, I am a Gator fan anyways.

Gibby and I saw The Wicker Man today...not bad. Being a fan of the original, I was disappointed by some of the minor plot changes, but the film works good on it's own. The knockout ending will still probably accomplish what it needs to, I just miss some of the aspects (orgies, Catholicism) that made the original so effective. And plus without Christopher Lee's scene-chewing performance as Lord Summerisle, the film is lacking a strong lead villain. Oh well. Two pints up.

And in other news, I am off to see Barrie Zwicker speak at the Tattered Cover about his book Towers of Deception: The Media Cover-Up of 9/11. I am not much of a conspiracy nut (maybe a little), but a lot of things about 9/11 just don't add up...Zwicker is one of the few with balls big enough to stand up and say something stinks. I highly recommend checking this dude out, if only as a 'gateway drug' to the world of 9/11 truth (Nafeez Ahmed, David Ray Griffin, Disinformation, Loose Change, etc...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home